When things aren't going your way, it’s natural to feel annoyed, frustrated or even angry. Keeping your cool and managing your emotions in the heat of the moment is challenging at the best of times.
Anger can be our way of expressing or responding to a range of other feelings, such as:
- Embarrassment or humiliation
- Guilt or shame
- Hurt or sadness
- Feeling unable to control a situation
- Feeling threatened or frightened
- Feeling unfairly treated
- Feeling misunderstood or not listened to
- Feeling the pressure of living in two worlds (that is, First Nation Peoples and non-Indigenous)
- Feeling a loss of connection to family, community or country.